Join Our Team
If you’re looking for a rewarding career, look no further. We change the lives, and earning potential, of hundreds of individuals each year.
Zip Code Wilmington is a nonprofit coding boot camp that was established through a joint effort by area corporations, philanthropists, and nonprofits. Since opening in the Fall of 2015, we’ve graduated over 90 software developers, and we’re continuing to grow. To accomplish our mission, we depend on a small team of driven, passionate and bright individuals.
If the idea of helping individuals launch a career excites you, and you’re passionate about what you do, entrepreneurial, and bring tremendous energy to your work, please apply! We’re looking for you.
If you’d like to join our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Java Boot Camp Instructor
Location: Positions Available in both Wilmington, DE and Glasgow, Scotland
Employment Type: Direct Hire or Contract
This is a very unique position for an experienced Java programmer to teach up-and-coming software developers.
Zip Code’s instructors are the center of the student experience, training students to enter the workforce as junior software developers at prestigious corporations. Our instructors, with support from the rest of the team, must prepare our students for real-world work as a developer.
- A gift for teaching. Perhaps you have taught others how to code, mentored junior members on your team, or had formal experience as a teacher.
- Ability to lead junior programmers on tasks pertinent to their success in the workplace.
- A wealth of real-world industry experience and technical expertise that you are eager to share.
- Please note that only individuals with professional software development experience (Java/Spring/MySQL) should apply.
- You are comfortable leading fluid discussions. This occasionally means going off the lecture track to give dynamic, real world examples and explore new metaphors on request.
- You can emphasize, and demonstrate, the meta-skills and core concepts of professional software development. Zip Code courses are not intended to replace a CS degree, but students should be aware of CS concepts: enough to compete with those who have a CS degrees for junior-level programming positions.
- You have high empathy and patience and an ability to encourage students who are struggling.
- Ability to provide additional challenges to students who are excelling and provide, and encourage, open and honest communication.
- Ability to offer valuable career guidance to our graduates entering the programming field, helping promote optimal chances at success.
- Delivering instruction;
- Monitoring student comprehension;
- Providing real-world implementation examples to reinforce learning objectives;
- Performing code reviews and providing instructional feedback to students in line with clean coding and object-oriented standards; and
- Other responsibilities required to create an overall outstanding student experience in the classroom.
You will be joining a team of people with deep experience in changing people’s career paths and training them for IT professions.