If your mantra for 2017 is “New Year, New Career,” you’re in luck. Our next Java Bootcamp starts in April. We’re accepting applications now.
If you need an extra push, here are 6 reasons why you need to apply now.
- You’re unemployed or underemployed and ready for a change. According to this article about the future of work, 30% to 45% of the global working-age population is underutilized. That means a huge chunk of people who want to work are unemployed and are so frustrated that they have stopped trying to look for work, or are actively working in a job below their optimal skill level. If that’s you, then our Java Bootcamp may be your next best step to learn in-demand skills.
- After a few years spent in a dead-end job, you’ve finally seen the writing on the wall. Maybe you enjoy your job, but don’t see much room for advancement or wage growth. Or, maybe you entered a field you thought you’d like, but it turned out to be more drudgery than you expected. As a job applicant with in-demand coding skills, you open up more doors and more opportunities for yourself. Plus, Zip Code Wilmington has established an employer network that gives you a huge advantage. Our corporate partners help us create our curriculum so that we’re teaching our students the exact skills they’re looking for in new hires. Those same companies then hire our graduates.
- You graduated high school or earned your GED and you’re not sure what to do next. You don’t need a college degree to attend our bootcamp. If college, community college, or vocational schools seem out of reach, then our 12-week bootcamp might be the answer you’re looking for.
- You’ve already got one college degree and you don’t have the time or money to go back for another one. When you discover you’re in a dead-end field or you simply don’t like the work you do, going back for another BA or a grad degree may seem like the only sensible choice. It’s not. Our bootcamp takes 12 intense weeks to complete. Classes run from 8 to 5, 5 days a week…although it’s expected you’ll be at our 24/7 facility lots more than that. This is an immersive experience. Java’s not easy to learn, but the results will be worth it.
- Money’s not everything…but it’s also not nothing. No, money can’t buy happiness or love, but it does buy everything else. If you’re tired of scraping by and want to master skills that demand good salaries in the current job market, now’s your chance. These stats from Gooroo show that, on average, just Wilmington employers alone advertise an average of 64 jobs per month requiring Java skills, and the average salary for those jobs is $96,094.
- The next Java Bootcamp is in April and open slots fill up fast. Our bootcamp classes fill up quickly. Time’s running short. Get started on your application now.
There’s a demand, right here in the Wilmington area, for skilled developers. Our mission, the reason we exist, is to put skilled students like you in these indispensable jobs, not only to change your world, but to change the world.
If you promised yourself that 2017 would be a year of change, then here’s your chance to get started.
photo credit: nd3000 / 123RF Stock Photo